1. Maintain and service automation equipment including: Robotic welding cells, safety devices, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
2. Work with engineering in the design, construction, and implementation of automated systems including: Research and recommend devices for implementation, procure quotes from automation suppliers, Execute from concept to implementation.
3. Conceive, design, install, start-up, and commission small scale automation/control improvement projects and support larger scale capital projects implemented at sites.
4. Resolve problems in a timely manner.
5. Create drawings, documents, and schematics for existing and new automated systems and keep them up to date.
6. Sets up interference zones with PLC or light curtains.
7. Schedule and work with site contacts and contractors.
8. Strive for continuous improvement.
9. Align, fit or assembly components, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates or microscopes and multimeters
10. Train customers or other personnel to install, use, or maintain robots.
11. Develop SOP’s on equipment.
12. Program complex robotic systems, such as vision systems.
13. Maintain inventories of robotic production supplies, such as sensors or cables.
14. Develop three-dimensional simulations of automation systems. Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
15. Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers or other equipment.
16. Understanding of automation and control systems common components and ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and configure not limited to motors, valves, limit switches and ladder logic.
17. Must possess strong PLC ladder logic and robot programming and trouble shooting skills (Motoman and Fanuc robots).
18. Proficient in advanced mechanical assemblies, sensor technology, pneumatics, setups and adjustments
19. Controlling of operations of equipment or systems.
20. Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
21. Knowledgeable in computing systems and control system hardware including instrumentation PLC and HMI equipment.
22. Ability to read and interpret documents including electrical, mechanical, and pneumatics.
23. Experience with advanced robot mechanical, controller, torch and work cell repairs.
24. Ability to diagnose, service and or repair equipment in a timely manner.
25. Be a self-starter and team player.
26. Exhibit a high level of safety.
27. Generating or adapting equipment and technology to service user needs.