1. Communicates with customers and receives/records customer orders in IQ Software.
2. Evaluates written data such as job orders, product specifications, operation reports, material lists, and shift reports to establish efficient scheduling of materials, so operations and parts flow effectively through the manufacturing process.
3. Confers with Shift Supervisors, Production Manager, Production Support and Plant Manager to assist in daily master schedule, which establishes sequence and lead time of each job order to meet shipping dates according to customer request.
4. Confers with Production Manager and Plant Manager to resolve problems affecting production schedules, to determine status of job orders, to expedite operations that delay schedules, and to alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
5. Computes amount of material required to complete job orders. Confers with Production Manager and Purchasing Manager to requisition necessary material levels and to coordinate optimum material delivery lead time according to job order and sales priorities.
6. Confers with Plant Manager, Sales and Engineer in managing current customer accounts and order to determine favorable pricing when changes in quantities, material type, part color, etc., are requested by the customer.
7. Assist Engineering and Plant Manager with establishing files, converting quotes to IQ standards, edits pricing, and creating new material or purchased part IQ numbers.
8. Records purchase orders received by customers and keeps records of status of purchase orders, including invoicing, etc.
9. Enters and invoices tooling orders
10. Assists customers with material and inserts supplied by the customer.
11. Prepares credit memos and uses IQ or other software to assist production and customers. Keeps IQ pricing updated by referencing current price quotes and maintains accurate and orderly files on all customer accounts.
12. Consults with the Quality Assurance Department on customer feedback and rejections to meet internal and customer needs.
13. Arranges freight shipments and tracks lost or damaged parts.
14. Responsible for overseeing the weekly incoming and outgoing shipments to insure accuracy, completeness, condition, space requirements including comparisons of information and counts, weights, or measures of outgoing shipments checked against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
15. Assist Off-site production locations or storage locations with customer orders and projects
16. Conducts end of month inventories, both physical count and computer data entry. Responsible for end of month reporting to accounting and to customer needed reports.
17. Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, and other records to determine shipping priorities and methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules as needed.
18. Verifies pricing on purchased material or parts and informs Plant Manager and Purchasing Manager of increases or decreases in these amounts.
19. Works with Purchasing Manager when sourcing materials after price adjustment of obsceneness.
20. Works with Purchasing Manager in accessing supplier performance and supplying feedback to suppliers.
21. Responsible for conducting customer satisfaction surveys and communicating that to the management staff.
22. Responsible for the daily supervision and development of the Material Control Personnel. Fills in for Material Control Personnel as needed during vacations, or another absentness.
23. Initiates improvements with in the warehouse department, by looking for ways to make it operate more efficiently as requirements change.
24. Conducts annual forklift and scissor lift training within Falcon. Keeps up with newest regulations concerning forklift and scissor lift operation.