Division: Brookings, SD
3300 Prince Dr, Brookings
The intern will assist the engineering team with production floor process improvements and new product introduction. This position will be introduced to a wide variety of processes, projects and experiences within engineering and production.
This position has a 15-20 hour weekly schedule during the school year and up to 40 hours a week during the summer.
- Assist engineering with designs, documentation and improvement projects for the production floor
- Assist engineering with new product introduction
- Assist with the creation of production floor documentation
- Design fixtures and tooling using CAD software
- Conduct studies, write justifications, and prepare ROI’s for production projects
- Bill of Materials Audits for production floor jobs
- New and existing EOAT (End of Arm Tooling) designs for various products
- New and existing production floor documentation creation
- Design Trimming/ Degating fixtures for various products
- Assist with plant layouts
- Applicants must have completed one year in an engineering related program
- The intern will be required to complete on the job training
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other personnel.
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Must have knowledge of Solidworks, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to handle job situations with tact and maturity.