Human Resource Manager
Division: Brookings, SD
3300 Prince Dr, Brookings
Summary of Job Responsibilities: Coordinates the Human Resource function including areas of recruitment, compensation, administration, employee benefit management, performance management system, employee relations, training and development, policy development, and record-keeping for the Brookings division. Also responsible for worker's compensation administration and serves as a gatekeeper to the safety & health programs of the facility.
- Partner closely with Plant Manager in developing strategic initiatives, setting policy and making procedural decisions.
- Model professional work practices and strong communication skills while coaching and supporting the development of team members throughout the facility.
- Actively lead workforce development initiatives such as apprenticeship program(s), internships and Build Dakota program(s).
- Develop relationships with local and regional business partnerships and networks that support organizational needs and continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Effectively and professionally, recruit, interview and assist in the selection of non-exempt and exempt employees to fill vacant positions.
- Administer internal job posting and coordinate with other facilities to ensure postings are placed in other Falcon facilities.
- Oversee new employee orientation and onboarding processes to foster positive attitude toward company goals, ensure basic knowledge of company policies and procedures, and conduct benefit enrollments as eligibility requirements are met.
- Administer written communications on current events, facility announcements and similar correspondence using tools such as digital displays, email and organizational newsletter.
- Conduct employee opinion surveys and all other HR programs and initiatives such as wellness & annual training.
- Coordinate with other department managers on such actions as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary action in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinates and/or conducts various developmental training for employees and supervisors.
- Coordinate and process bi-weekly payroll function and performance management system.
- Maintain accurate and confidential personnel files and attendance records.
- Monitor and oversee employee suggestion and improvement program(s).
- Maintain organized and thorough files and recordkeeping system as outlined by the HR manual.
- Recordkeeping of affirmative action program
- Serve as the gatekeeper for the employee relations committee; conduct monthly meetings, coordinate annual calendar of events, prepare and submit annual budget for this committee.
- Maintain concessions checking account and serve as a contact person for facility vending.
- Active involvement in local SHRM / HR networking groups.
Safety & Health Function:
21. Oversee the safety & health committee, safety incentive program, and all other safety & health programs. Update and revise programs as required.
22. Partner with Facility managers and VP of Corporate Affairs to assure compliance and effectiveness of all safety & health training.
23. Administration, management and compliance of all worker's compensation cases, corrective action plans and prevention efforts. Responsible to assure Falcon's compliance with all OSHA regulations.
24. Work closely with Occ. Health Nurse on all work related injuries and/or illnesses, safety and health concerns and programs.
Education and/or Experience :
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline drive environment.