Division: Lexington, TN
230 Budcrocket Dr, Lexington
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations. Assists with approval of final schedule and development of priority lists.
2. Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
3. Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
4. Supports each Group Leader for the consistent application of production procedures such as daily set-up, operation, and tear down of the workstations and completion of their job duties. Assures availability of resources and accountability.
5. Completes or assigns necessary documentation regarding internal and external corrective actions on a weekly basis.
6. Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
7. Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
8. Work with internal departments to constructively solve problems and improve processes.
9. Consults with Product Development personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
10. Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
11. Performs inspection of areas for safety hazards and housekeeping. Takes immediate corrective action measures on any safety hazards found.
12. Develop leadership, training and problem solving skills among Supervisors and Technician positions and Production personnel on all shifts.
13. Assuring knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities of the production workforce.
14. Spend time working on each shift by overlapping on a regular basis to understand the various needs and challenges of each work group.
15. Demonstrates a commitment to the strategic focus of continuous improvements and Total Productivity (TP). Takes steps to successfully apply within departments on all shifts.
16. Analyzes and reviews daily production reports and make recommendations for improvements. Focus on quality and productivity.
17. Takes a leadership role in continuous improvement and problem solving for the production area.
18. Apply continuous improvement concepts to the production operations, while training and managing the workforce in these concepts.
19. Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise machine operators, assemblers and molding technicians. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include involvement in the interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Refer employees to Employee Assistance Provider when appropriate.
Education / Experience:
Associate's degrees (A. A.) or equivalent from 2 year college and 5+ years of previous supervisory/management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Baccalaureate degree preferred.