Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Inspects molded parts and assemblies according to Inspection Plans and Piece Part Sample Standards, to assure conformance with written standards and specifications.
2. Identifies and isolates non-conforming product.
3. Collects data and works with Group Leaders / Technicians to assure process control of molded and assembled products.
4. References applicable information in the customer files such as prints, written specifications and standards, along with past histories to ascertain quality of parts.
5. Develops basic knowledge of the injection molding processes.
6. Partners in troubleshooting of job processes, work station, and auxiliary equipment.
7. Maintains a good understanding of the procedures and processes used in the assembly of product, and make recommendations for process improvements.
8. Complete inspection/test reports and accurately document inspection results.
9. Maintains the quality document files.
10. Inspects customer and vendor supplied products according to Incoming Inspection plans.
11. Accurately performs specialized testing according to inspection plans.
12. Assists in maintaining the sample library.
13. Effectively communicates quality assurance specifications and standards and works closely with Group Leaders and Technicians to meet these standards.
14. Performs calibration of gauges used to insure quality of products.
15. Performs computer data entry functions.
16. Occasionally works outside of regular scheduled work hours; with minimal advance notice at times.
17. Assumes a leadership role in the developing of machine operator's knowledge and understanding of quality standards and documentation.
18. Create, audit, and maintain operational procedures in the plant
19. Assist other departments in developing operational procedures
20. Create and maintain inspection and receiving instructions
21. Assist in the development of the production notebooks
22. Assist engineering with the creation of PPAP/Part Approval Packages
23. Create control plans for PPAP/Part Approval Packages
24. Assist production in creating PFMEA for PPAPs
25. Assists in the training of new quality inspectors and machine operators
26. Fills in for Quality Auditors on other shifts due to absence
27. Occasionally work outside of regular scheduled work hours; with minimal advance notice at times.
28. Must be able to work overtime when necessary; with minimal advance notice at times.