Sales Account Manager
Division: Corporate - Brookings, SD
1313 Western Avenue, Brookings
This position is primarily responsible for prospecting and developing new customer accounts while also contributing to growth of existing customer sales. This is a high-visibility position, who collaborates with peers including sales, operations and technical. The role manages and communicates effectively with product development, the customer needs and requirements for purposes of developing value proposition, quotations and business proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains communication with assigned customers and prospective customer through personal visits, email, telephone and other agreed upon methods.
- Generate new business from existing and potential customers to meet annual sales goals.
- Partner with immediate supervisor to establish, track and monitor annual sales goals and account management activities.
- Highly engaged in the pursuit and execution of meeting annual sales goals.
- Complies lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on market and industry information and other agreed upon sources.
- Assist in developing policies to achieve organization goals.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Travels regularly through assigned territories to call on regular and prospective customers to develop relationships and solicit orders.
- Delivers sales presentations to prospective and current customers.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Represents the organization at industry association meetings and trade shows to promote product with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Coordinates the use of internal technical resources for sales presentations.
- Assists in the monitoring of the market position of competing products, services and organizations and evaluates their marketing and sales techniques.
- Reviews production costs, product quality, and delivery methods to assure understanding and competitiveness with sales quotes and purchasing functions.
- Through consultation with Director of Sales and Plant Managers, prepares product and service quotes for customers, using estimation of market conditions and all relative cost factors to produce a competitive quote.
- Maintains awareness of current market conditions to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates. Paying close attention to product pricing when raw material costs increase.
- Assists with the smooth and efficient communication and introduction of new jobs and product revisions to the facility, including customer training within the assigned business unit(s).
- Develops and maintains relationships with Purchasing Manager and any external purchasing contacts.
- Establishes business relationships with assigned customers and suppliers and ensures they are managed effectively.
- When necessary, investigates and assists to resolve customer problems. Provide solutions to customers in a timely manner.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers in to CRM.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Assures that continuous improvement and development are incorporated in the goals and activities of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintains a high level engagement and relationship building with purchasers and key officers of all account assignments.
- Regularly report on status of new prospects, current accounts, and metrics.
- Set up and regularly track sales account activities and targets through CRM tool.
Supervisory Responsibilities : There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Education and/or Experience : A Bachelor's degree (B.A./ B.S.) from a 4 year college or university and 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- The highest level of professionalism and integrity is required.
- Some routine overnight travel is required. An estimated 50% of time will be spent outside of the office.
- External candidates will be subject to a background check, including DMV check meeting the requirements of current policy.
Training Requirements : Successful completion of the following training is required:
New Employee Orientation, Position Specific Checklist, 90 day Orientation, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Communication
Computer / Software Knowledge : To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. Microsoft Internet software and a good working knowledge of the IQMS Manufacturing software and Salesforce CRM.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations : A valid driver’s license is required.