Toolmaker/Machinist - Day Shift
Division: Corporate - Brookings, SD
1313 Western Avenue, Brookings
This is a diversified position exposing a professional machinist to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities throughout the machine shop. General responsibilities include the set up and operation of conventional, special purpose, CNC machines and state of the art machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. Due to our internal custom injection molding production operations, toolmakers often have the opportunity to test and troubleshoot their final products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
1. Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Plans sequence of operations, visualizing shape of mold in reverse of product.
2. Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
3. Identifies machining specifications to set up and operate machines such as numerical EDM, CNC mill, lathe, manual mills, surface grinders, band saws, etc. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and EDMs.
4. Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
5. Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
6. Completes preventative maintenance on molds and components as needed.
7. Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
8. Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
9. Fits and assembles parts into complete mold assembly.
10. Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
11. Grinds, files, and sands parts to fit parts for assembly and to polish smooth and finish cavity.
Core schedule: Mon - Friday; 8am - 5pm (flexible)
Two year degree from post secondary institute in job related field
Prefer 1-2 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary in addition to our attractive benefit package that will be dependent on education and experience.
Competitive Benefit Package:
We offer one of the best and most affordable group health plans in the area which includes Vision and Dental coverage. Additional benefits include: 401k match, Tuition reimbursement, Paid time off, Holiday pay, Profit sharing bonus, Disability and Life insurance, Health and Wellness memberships and much more.